The A-Team was first initiated in Wisconsin in 2011 as an effort to coordinate stakeholders and families in a strategic effort to expand grassroots advocacy on a state and national level. Today, there are 19 states with A-Team chapters, representing thousands of members who support a full array of choices.
National Day for Choice
A-Team USA kicked off their annual “National Day for Choice” Event this year with a full week of activities to encourage increased Awareness, Advocacy, and Advisement for people with disabilities.
Communities and advocates across the United States, including Minnesota, participated in a media storm of posts and information to the public and to lawmakers. Some states organized rallies and meetings at their state capitals.
A-Team USA premiered a new video, featuring people from all over the country! Each day of the week featured a different theme:
- Mission Monday – The A-Team Mission is to Advocate, create Awareness, and provide Advisement!
- There’s No Place Like Home Tuesday – The type of home that is best for you should be a personal choice!
- Workplace Wednesday – A good-fit job at your own ability can bring dignity, purpose, relationships, and independence.
- This is MY LIFE Thursday – It is your Civil Right as an American to choose your own friends, coworkers, and lifestyle!
- Fun for All Friday – On this day, people celebrated together and had some fun!